The Apple Shed
Image: Chelsea Parsons
Image: Sophie Timothy
Image: Jonathan Wherrett
- Reception Options : Inside the Shed | Outside
- Reception Capacity : 120 seated | 200 cocktail/standing
- Ceremony Options : On the lawn | Inside the Shed
- Ceremony Capacity : 150 Guests
- Wet Weather Option : In the museum
- Set-Up Times/Access : Day of for set up and pack down
- Bar Available : Yes, no BYO | Packages | Bar tab | By consumption
- Catering/Kitchen Use Requirements : List of preferred caterers | No BYO food
- Exclusivity Option & Times : From 5pm day of, or earlier by arrangement | Friday nights n/a
- Decorations/Styling Included : Shed as is | All furniture | Crockery | Cutlery | Existing styling around the venue
- AV Available : Microphone | Speakers
- Minimum Spend Requirements : $3,000 minimum bar spend
Rustic Wedding Venue – Huon Valley
The Apple Shed, known as the museum and ciderhouse of Willie Smith’s Cider, is also a charming rustic wedding venue. Nestled in the heart of the picturesque Huon Valley, less than an hours drive from Hobart, The Apple Shed is surrounded by beautiful rolling hills quintessential to Tasmania, providing the perfect atmosphere for a country and barn wedding.
Originally built in 1942, the wooden packing shed has been tastefully restored in a modern barn warehouse style with an industrial edge, whilst original vintage artefacts add a rustic quality to the space. The Apple Shed harmoniously blends old and new to create a non-traditional, modern setting for a wedding that is warm, inviting and relaxed, allowing your guests to feel immediately at home.
Surrounding The Apple Shed are beautiful lawns which provide a lush scenic backdrop for your wedding ceremony. The ceremony can also be held inside The Apple Shed itself for a warm, rustic and intimate affair. Ceremony capacity is 150 guests.
A large glass sliding door adjoins The Apple Shed to a bright and inviting alfresco deck and courtyard. This open and spacious central area is enclosed on one side by the stylishly re-interpreted stables, which provide sheltered seating. The space embodies a contemporary aesthetic with a nod to the historic; a versatile canvas which is perfectly suited to vintage, rustic, industrial wedding styling.
This gorgeous plaza has the flexibility to be suited to a romantic courtyard ceremony or laid-back reception alike, whilst being the perfect space for you and your guests to enjoy pre-dinner drinks in the warm afternoon sun. There is also ample space for break-out areas. Numerous outdoor heating and fire pits are available to ensure a cosy gathering, and a venue discount is available come the cooler months of May through to September.
Live music and The Apple Shed go hand-in-hand. The space is regularly hosts music events and would be perfectly suited to create a festival-style atmosphere.
The Apple Shed accommodates a capacity of 120 guests in a formal dining setting or up to 200 guests for a cocktail-style celebration. Your wedding venue hire includes the use of furniture, crockery, cutlery and glassware, as well as the vintage items which can be used to complement your styling. The Apple Shed is equipped with it’s own on-site bar, and beverage packages are also available. Ellie at The Apple Shed will liaise with you throughout the planning process to ensure that your special celebration runs as smoothly as possible.