- Reception Capacity : Up to 80
- Reception Venues : 2 - Edwardian | Federation
- Ceremony Areas : Courtyard | Federation Room
- Set Up Times/Access : The day prior if available, or from 10am on day of wedding
- Styling Provided For Reception : Chair covers | Sashes | Range of centrepieces | Table cloths | Table Numbers | Bridal Table skirting
- Styling Provided For Ceremony : Ceremony arch | White or red carpet | Chairs with sash
- Pre Dinner Drinks Area : The Manor Bar
- AV On Site : P.A. System | Wireless microphone
- Wet Weather Options : Yes
- Accommodation On Site : 63 Rooms - Check in 2pm | Check out 11am
- Parking : Ample and free
- Wedding Co-ordinator : Function Manager On Site for lead in and day of wedding
Historic Wedding Venue Hobart
Rydges Hobart epitomises all of the traditional elegance you expect from a boutique heritage listed venue. Established in 1889 and located two kilometres from central Hobart, this historic property is a gorgeous wedding venue for an intimate and private gathering. Built and restored with high ceilings, Blackwood timber features and antique furniture, the Federation and Edwardian rooms offer a grand setting for your wedding reception. Paired with a warm atmosphere and a small but experienced team that go out of their way to guide you through the wedding planning process, Rydges has exactly what you need for a simple elegant wedding celebration.
The outdoor courtyard area is a setting for your ceremony with room for 80 of your friends and family. Alternatively the Federation room, with its champagne and gold tones, is an idyllic location for a more formal ceremony or on a cooler Tasmanian day. The Rydges wedding packages include accessories for your ceremony and reception such as a ceremony arch, carpet and chairs, well as linen and range of centrepieces and table numbers should you require them.
Both reception spaces maintain their historic charm, and offer a slightly different style and room capacity. The Federation room can accommodate up to 80 guests and lends itself to a classic romantic style, with chandeliers and a large gold framed mirror over the mantle piece. The Edwardian is a grand room accommodating up to 60 guests, and with white walls is a blank canvas for various styles and colour palates. Choosing either of spaces allows for creative freedom, and if the room is available the day prior then access can be provided for day before decorating.
The intimacy of your nuptials at Rydges comes from not only the feel of antique charm throughout the wedding venue, but also the convenience of having everything close by. The bridal car can park directly in front of the building in the forecourt, and with accommodation and car parking on-site, access for guests is incredibly easy. Guests can move around between their accommodation and the wedding celebration, and relax into the venue in the charming Manor Bar which offers a perfect space for pre dinner drinks. Later at night the courtyard space, with festoon lights and outdoor seating, makes for a welcoming area to relax.
The wedding team at Rydges offer a personalised service, with attention to detail and hands-on professional guidance. Their relaxed and friendly approach is a perfect compliment to the cozy and historic atmosphere.